Thursday, June 7, 2007

In Tandem

I've been working on two socks at the same time the last few days. I'm trying to finish up the pair for my step sister, almost done with those thank goodness.
I also work on my first pair of socks out of my Favorite Socks book, the Waving Lace pattern. I can't resist them! It's my first successful chart following project, and my first time using size 1 needles. Now when I go back to the other socks the needles seem huge.

My kids are officially out of school now so my peaceful pockets of knitting time will be few and far between. We did get a nice above ground pool and I have a lounge chair and a beach umbrella so while the kids are in the pool? I'll be knitting....and listening to Sense and Sensibility on my iPod.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate the first day of vacation by taking the kids to McDonald's for breakfast. Actually its so they will be kept busy for a little while when I take them to Bible Study with me. We will of course take the Gameboys too!

Here's the socks I'm working on. The yarn I'm using for the waving lace is dyed by me with Kool-aid. 3 berry blue, 3 cherry and one black cherry. I think :)
The top picture is one from my cell phone and the bottom is my husbands digital. Not great, I know. I'm going to save up for a nice digital since mine isn't working.













































I also had to reset my ticker because I bought yarn. I've been able to resist up until now but Sheri updated her site (the Loopy Ewe) with this color I've been wanting for a long time...Bart & Louise in the Garden. It will be a nice addition to my stash :)

No comments: